Half Moon Bay offers a variety of dog-friendly beaches and parks for visitors and their furry friends to enjoy. Here are some of the top options:
- Burleigh H. Murray State Park: Fortunately, this park doesn’t attract the large crowds that the other more popular beaches and parks attract–making it an ideal location to walk your dog, ride a bike, or enjoy a leisurely nature walk. For more information, go to https://explorer1.com/halfmoonbay/burleigh-h-murray-ranch-state-park/.
- Coastside Dog Park:Although small and covered in bark mulch, this off leash park is a favorite of local dogs.
Address: 400 Wavecrest Rd, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Phone: (650) 726-8297
- Francis Beach: Located in Half Moon Bay State Beach, Francis Beach is a popular spot for families and their furry friends. Dogs are allowed on a leash, and there are restrooms, picnic tables, and a campground available.
- Mavericks Beach: This beach is known for its big waves and is a popular spot for surfers. Dogs are allowed on a leash, but it’s important to note that the water can be dangerous, so it’s best to keep your dog on the beach.
- Montara State Beach: This beach is located just a few miles north of Half Moon Bay and allows dogs on a leash. The beach is spacious and offers great views of the ocean and surrounding cliffs.
- Pillar Point Bluff: This park offers great views of the ocean and surrounding cliffs. Dogs are allowed on a leash, and there are hiking trails and picnic areas available.
- Poplar Beach: Located just south of Half Moon Bay, Poplar Beach is a popular spot for locals and visitors alike. Dogs are allowed on a leash, and there are restrooms and picnic tables available.
- Quarry Park in El Granada, California (four miles north of Half Moon Bay): This is a fantastic park with several really nice on leash and off leash sections for your furry friend.
Address: Santa Maria Ave & Columbus Street, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Phone: (650) 355-8289
Please note that it is always a good idea to check the rules and regulations of each park or beach before visiting to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for both you and your furry friend.